What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that Websites send to a browser and that is stored on the user’s device, which could be a personal computer, a mobile phone, a tablet, etc. These files let the Website remember information about your visit, such as the language and preferred options, which can facilitate your next visit and make the site more useful by personalising its content. Cookies play a significant role, by improving the user’s Web experience.
In light of this information, it is possible to take the following steps:
- Accept the cookies. This message will not reappear when accessing any page of this Website during the session or in future sessions.
Which cookies does Mecalux use?
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that stay in the browser’s cookie file until you leave the webpage, meaning none are saved on the user’s hard drive. Session cookies do not collect information from the user’s computer and, typically, store information about a session’s identifier that does not recognise the user. Information gathered through these cookies may be used to analyse the website’s traffic patterns, which could allow the provision of a better user experience to improve the content and facilitate its use.
- Persistent cookies: are stored on a hard drive and our Website reads them each time you visit. A persistent cookie has a specific expiration date. The cookie ceases to work after that date.
- Strictly necessary cookies such as those needed to browse correctly, are those that allow the services requested by the user to be carried out or cookies that ensure the web page’s content loads efficiently.
- Third-party cookies such as those used by social media or external content sources.
- Analytics cookies for the purposes of periodic maintenance and to ensure users the best service possible. Websites normally use these analytical cookies to gather statistical data about the site’s activity. This Website uses third-party analytical cookies such as Google Analytics, a web analysis service developed by Google, which measures and analyses the browsing on the web pages. According to the previous classification it involves session and analytics cookies. For more information about these cookies, click on this link.
By means of the web analytics, information is gathered in regards to how many users are accessing the website, the number of page views, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator providing the service, the language, the terminal used, or the city in which the IP address is assigned. A better and more relevant service is made possible from this website portal through this information.
Lastly, a technical type cookie is downloaded, our own, so-called cookies policy and a session cookie. It manages the user’s consent for website cookie use, in order to remember those users who have agreed to them and those who have not, so that the former are not shown information to that effect at the top of the page in subsequent visits.
At Mecalux, we use web beacons; these are transparent images embedded in a web page or email to monitor the online behaviour of the user visiting the website or which receives one of our newsletters. This technology is aimed at monitoring user activity, such as the area visited or the time spent browsing.
How to block cookies
The settings on your browser can be configured to either accept or delete any and all types of cookies from being installed or to request that you be notified of a cookie’s placement.
Each browser has specific instructions for configuration. Below, it provides links to information on the most common browsers.
Mecalux may also use hosted services by companies such as Google Analytics for advertisers, Google Analytics Remarketing, Google Display Network, etc., to understand how users browse our websites and products, as well as how to provide and manage interest-based advertising. These services can compile information such as your IP address, sent by the browser or via cookies.
Date modified: May 2018