Slinfold, West Sussex, United Kingdom
Products include force gauges, torque gauges, door testers, manual handling kits, closure torque testers and console and computer-controlled test systems.
Mecmesin is a global company with offices in the United Kingdom, China, Thailand, the USA plus a worldwide network of distributors.
Mecmesin supplies manual handling kits to ergonomists and health and safety professionals across a wide range of industries including: automotive, aerospace, construction, the National Health Service, manufacturing, medical, retail, transport and regulatory authorities e.g. the HSE- Health and Safety Executive.
Mecmesin Manual Handling Kits are used to maintain safety, minimise costs, reduce injuries, improve production, and conform to relevant legislation and regulations.
Manual handling applications include:
- Accessibility & DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) auditing
- Functional & Physical Work Capacity evaluation
- Rehabilitation assessment
- Job task evaluation
- Isometric muscle strength assessment
- Ergonomic risk analysis
Within the packaging industry Mecmesin equipment is used to test packages, packaging components and packaging materials.
- top-load testing of bevcans or PET bottles
- push-out force of blister packs
- openability evaluation of packages
- force to pierce foil seals
- peel testing of seals and labels
- coefficient of friction testing of folios, films and sheets
- tearing of paper, perforated board and plastic film
- torque testing of screw closures, child-resistant closures and tamper-evident closures
Many of these tests can be undertaken using a combination of a force gauge, a test stand and special grips and fixtures. However for more complex test procedures, Mecmesin offers a range of console and computer-controlled test systems.
- Mecmesin Limited Download